I was excited to see Gabriella open her first Disney princess doll. I had been looking forward to Gabriella discovering Disney movies for a while. Aladdin was her first Disney movie experience, so I was anxious to get Jasmine as her first Disney princess doll. I can't wait to take her to Disney World! Sometimes I think "I'm really grooming her to LOVE Disney." I think it's because I've never been there so I might be more excited to go than she is. But later I think, "What kid doesn't LOVE Disney?" Hopefully, we'll be meeting Jasmine and Raja next year. Well, maybe not Raja...
Santa came to our house a couple days before Christmas. We wanted Gabriella to experience Christmas morning at her own house, so we arranged for Santa to make a visit before our trip to MI. We know that this may not work out next year as she may be more aware of when the actual day of Christmas is, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.On "Christmas morning" we heard Gabriella talking in her room, so Sam and I raced in there excited to see her reaction to it all. We told her that Santa came down the chimney and left presents for her. The whole Santa coming the chimney was explained the night before, but she still seemed a little confused at first. She repeated everything we explained to her to confirm what was going on.
Our short conversation... Gabriella: "Santa came down the chimney?" Me: Yes, yes! Gabriella: "Santa put presents for me down there?" Me: Yes! Let's go see!" Gabriella: "Ok!" Gabriella was excited, but she still seemed a little confused by my overly animated face.
However, when she arrived downstairs she was in awe of all the presents and proved to fully embrace the belief in Santa! Once the present opening began, she showed no sign of wavering in speed. She plucked every last present from under the tree saying "Is this one for me?" Thankfully, Santa came through on the camera and baby-whew! I'm pretty sure there will be less confusion on this topic next year!
We returned from Michigan last night. I planned on updating the blog while I was there, but it just didn't happen. I hope to post all our events this week. Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment